Monday, October 31, 2016

Some Updated Info On Skyking Traffic Meanings

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. I've been devoting my time to some personal matters.

I have been given information that affirms some speculation and dismisses some others about Skyking traffic. One source was a video (see below) and another was from a message I received from someone a little more familiar with the subject than I.

HFGCS typically transmits two types of messages: "All Stations" and "Skyking." A third message is possible but rarely (if ever) heard. (There are the occasional oddball calls where someone has the radio patched into a telephone to make a call home, radio checks and other such things but not relevant to what we listen for.)

The interesting thing I have learned is "Skyking" is not a singular entity or some Doomsday Plane command craft like many (including myself) have speculated. Skyking is a message priority.

Skyking means, "This is urgent traffic."

Alright, so we hear a message like this: "All stations, all stations, this is Andrews, standby. NV6YI, NV6YI, NV6YIH6D9TTSA3B. Time: 34, Authentication: FY. I say again: NV6YI, NV6YI, NV6YIH6D9TTSA3B. Time: 34, Authentication: FY. This is Andrews out."

It basically means: "Attention all receivers listening, I am Andrews Air Force Base and I have traffic for (a certain unit, usually a 5 character code repeated twice). Please stand by and not broadcast while I send my message (to certain unit) unless you have urgent traffic. (Certain unit), (coded message for that unit). The time is (minutes in the hour), this message is authenticated that this is me by the two-digit code that will match yours."

This is routine traffic for HFGCS. Normal broadcasting for this station. Could be a lunch menu, could be a message that some guy's wife left him while he was stationed in Guam. Who knows.

Now, if we hear something like: "Skyking, Skyking, do not answer. NV6YI, NV6YI, NV6YIH6D9TTSA3B. Time: 34, Authentication: FY. I say again: Skyking, Skyking, do not answer. NV6YI, NV6YI, NV6YIH6D9TTSA3B. Time: 34, Authentication: FY. This is Andrews out."

It means: "Attention all receivers listening, I have URGENT traffic for (a certain unit, usually a 5 character code repeated twice) and (certain unit) should not respond as it will give away their position. Please stand by and not broadcast while I send my URGENT message (to certain unit) unless you have EMERGENCY traffic. (Certain unit), (coded message for that unit). The time is (minutes in the hour), this message is authenticated that this is me by the two-digit code that will match yours."

Skyking just means whomever the message is intended for should get it quickly.

This video should educate you a bit on that. (Start at 58:40 if it doesn't start there.)


So, what's the third type of message?

It's a "Flash" broadcast. Absolute emergency. America is under a Pearl Harbor like-attack broadcast or very serious emergency.

It's called a "Foxtrot Flash" message. As far as anyone I have talked with knows, one has never been transmitted, not even on 9/11.

Based on regular and Skyking traffic on HFGCS, the message would likely start with "Foxtrot, Foxtrot" or "Foxtrot Flash, Foxtrot Flash" or something very similar. What would follow would probably a passphrase or a brief alphanumeric character set.


3 comments:

  1. Nice,very interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would the idea be for skyking,3 times with nibiru after that then the coded numbers? It was sent Monday March 6,2017. Meteors, asteroids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete