Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sorry for no updates as of late


My computer's HD fried a few weeks ago and I was only able to afford to replace it last night (a used one from Craigslist).

I heard about the very unusual things happening on SKYKING since the Turkish coup attempt and am looking into some recordings made.

All I know:

  1. Andrews AFB made three calls to SKYKING with the code phrase "Bear" about 20 minutes apart from each other. This is unusual as the code was not a typical alphanumeric code and that the code phrase was reused 3 times.
  2. At least one call with the code phrase "Lion" was sent after this.
If I were to speculate, I'd say this had something to do with the security of the approximately 80 B61 nuclear gravity bombs stored at Incirlik Air Force Base, Turkey.

Now what exactly did "Bear" mean when it comes to action? I have no idea. I'd imagine it has something to do with putting extra security around the weapons in some fashion during the failed coup. "Lion" might have been a "stand down" code or another order about what to do with the B61s.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Traffic on HFGCS has seem to have returned to more "normal" operations today.

Is there any subject about SDR or "SKYKING" you'd like me to write about? Leave a comment if so.

1 comment:

  1. We had 2 skyking messages at 0:55 UTC and 3:13 UTC
    1st one: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZHokUUQXdz
    Didn't get a recording or a full copy of the second but:
    Andrews to Skyking

    SANTANA, with an authentication and time One Three

    Are these normal? i thought messages were usually alphanumeric.

    ReplyDelete