Sunday, July 17, 2016

Keep Getting Errors Trying to Respond to Your Comment on My Last Post, Anon

Anonymous commentator,

You asked:

We had 2 skyking messages at 0:55 UTC and 3:13 UTC
1st one: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZHokUUQXdz
Didn't get a recording or a full copy of the second but:
Andrews to Skyking

SANTANA, with an authentication and time One Three

Are these normal? i thought messages were usually alphanumeric.

My reply to you keeps saying:

Whoops, that's an error.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Try refreshing the page to see if things are back in order.

Don't know why but here's my response:

These calls are uncommon, but not unprecedented. I typically suspect code word calls to be drills for nuclear forces. HFGCS rarely transmits a code word.

That said, the situation in Turkey and US nuclear weapons at Incirlik Air Force Base leave me suspicious that the last few days of code words have something to do with the safety of the bombs at Incirlik. Only speculation.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the response, seems even stranger to me that the interval between them was so short for skyking. I haven't been listening long but i haven't noticed an interval as short as this one since i started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was just another one, code word queen.

    ReplyDelete